25 Apr Garlic Cilantro “Put It On Everything” Sauce
I originally concocted this easy Garlic Cilantro Sauce for my favorite Shrimp Tacos. But then I found myself eating it (well, almost drinking it haha) and figured why not make it it’s own recipe? I mean, it’s really good. And really versatile. Try this sauce on sandwiches or wraps (I like it with all natural turkey, tomato and lettuce wraps as a snack), with any of your favorite proteins like chicken or shrimp or even as a salad dressing.
The base of the sauce is a mix of organic mayonnaise and Greek yogurt, but you can easily make it dairy free by using all mayo or even doing a mix of pureed avocado and mayo. If you go all mayo, you might want to add a teaspoon or so of extra fresh orange juice and a touch more honey to balance the flavors a bit. Keep this sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Garlic Cilantro “Put It On Everything” Sauce
Makes about 2/3 cup of sauce- I do about a heaping tablespoon per serving
- Big squeeze of fresh orange (slice an orange in half and squeeze)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 heaping cup mayonnaise (preferably avocado oil based mayo or organic)
- 1/3 heaping cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together all of the ingredients and let the sauce sit for about 5ish minutes in the fridge so it thickens. Told you it was easy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This sauce is mostly fat. Serve it with protein and carbs (see my suggestions in the intro note above) for a balanced fat burning meal.