22 Feb Easy Shrimp Tacos
I’m in LOVE with this spicy garlicky cilantro sauce. It’s sooo easy and perfect on these simple gluten free shrimp tacos. I use a mix of organic mayo and plain Greek yogurt, but you can use all mayo if you’d prefer a completely dairy free meal. I also like to grab a 1 1/2 pound bag of frozen peeled and de-veined shrimp at the supermarket for quick meals like this one. Serve with gluten free all natural corn tortillas (preferably organic) and plenty of fresh cilantro for garnish. Love it? Please share it!
Easy Shrimp Tacos
Makes about 5 servings (about 2 gluten free tacos each serving)
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
- Big squeeze of fresh orange (slice an orange in half and squeeze)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 heaping cup mayonnaise (preferably organic)
- 1/3 heaping cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
REST OF INGREDIENTS FOR SHRIMP TACOS:
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined and tails removed (if previously frozen, drain shrimp really well and pat dry with a clean dish towel to remove as much moisture as possible.)
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from ½ lime
- Small bag of coleslaw mix, NO sauce added
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 all natural gluten free corn tortillas (preferably organic)
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Whisk together the ingredients for sauce and set aside (the sauce will thicken as it sits.)
- Heat large frying pan over medium high heat. Once pan is hot, add drizzle of olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Let oil get hot and then add shrimp. Season with a big pinch of salt. Toss the shrimp. Once the shrimp turns pink (it cooks fast!), add a squeeze of fresh lime. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, fill the corn tortillas with coleslaw mix, red onion and shrimp. Top with sauce and plenty of fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat. It’s a complete meal.