25 Oct Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
I’m a huge pumpkin pie fan. So when I’m having a craving or and in need of a deliciously easy balanced meal or snack, I sip on my Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie. Try it for breakfast, a pre or post workout snack or even dessert. Yum. Love it? Share it below!
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups unsweetened (vanilla or plain) almond or coconut milk
- 2 servings high quality vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ heaping cup (load it up) canned pumpkin (preferably organic)
- 1 tablespoon pure coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- Pure maple syrup or honey or Stevia (only if needed!!)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. If the smoothie isn’t sweet enough, add just a drizzle of pure maple syrup or honey or Stevia (if your protein powder is naturally very sweet, you likely won’t need to add a drizzle of pure maple syrup or honey.) And additional spice (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg) if you need to. You can also add water if the smoothie is too thick.
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has a good balance of protein, carbs and fat and is a balanced meal or snack.