25 Sep Protein Pasta Salad with Garlicky Vinaigrette
About time I made a pasta salad that keeps your blood sugar stable and boosts your metabolism! This protein pasta salad is sooo good- think protein-rich lentil quinoa pasta (keep reading to learn where to buy it) studded with chickpeas, crisp vegetables and smothered in a garlicky red wine vinaigrette…yum.
The naturally protein-rich pasta is called POW! Pasta (made by Ancient Harvest) can be found at your local Whole Foods and other markets (look it up online to see which markets carry it.) Its gluten free, all natural, and high in protein, fiber and iron. In fact, the only ingredients are lentil flour and quinoa flour! I’ve actually tested my blood sugar and my diabetic mom’s blood sugar after eating it and it doesn’t spike blood sugar levels….this is awesome. If you love this recipe, please share it via the social media links below!
Protein Pasta Salad with Garlicky Vinaigrette
Makes about 6 servings
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 heaping tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced or grated on a microplane
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
FOR THE PASTA SALAD:
- 1 box of POW! Pasta (Red Lentil or Green Lentil), cooked and drained according to package instructions
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (any color), sliced in half and salted
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ½ small red onion, diced
- Whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Toss the pasta salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss the dressing with the pasta salad gently. Top with additional paprika if desired. Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbs and fat and is a balanced meal.