29 Jan Garlic Lime Bean Salad
I love this simple bean salad. It’s full of bold flavor (from garlic, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and just a touch of honey) and fiber. Make a batch for the week and enjoy it on your salad or as a condiment or side on your fave proteins like chicken, shrimp, salmon or flank steak. If you’re heading to a party, you can even serve Garlic Lime Bean Salad as a dip with all natural gluten free tortilla chips. Love it? Share it!
Garlic Lime Bean Salad
Makes about 6 cups or approximately 12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure honey or pure maple syrup (not imitation)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ red onion, chopped small
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped small
- 2 jalapenos, chopped small
- 3 cans of beans, preferably organic (I used 2 cans of black and 1 can cannellini beans), rinsed and drained very well
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Combine the chopped red onion, bell pepper, jalapenos and beans in a medium sized bowl. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine. Toss with chopped fresh cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has carbohydrates and fat. Try serving it with a protein for a balanced meal.