06 Mar Blueberry Crisp Protein Smoothie
Mornings suck. Maybe you’ve got work to catch up on or kids to feed and push out the door with semi-combed hair. Or maybe you have a puppy who likes to poop on the floor and roll around in it (yup, I’m talking about my little Bear ha.) Either way, you need a fast and balanced breakfast to get you through the day. In my opinion, it should also taste amazing and help you to naturally burn fat, boost your metabolism, fight aging free radicals that damage your skin and health all while helping you to avoid sugar cravings the rest of the day. Yup! The Blueberry Crisp Protein Smoothie is quite the multi-tasking breakfast. It tastes like your favorite old-school blueberry crisp a la mode (even kids will love it!) Plus it’s loaded in muscle-building protein, antioxidant-rich blueberries and high fiber granola for healthy carbs and just the right amount of fat to keep you satisfied. A couple quick tips- use a high quality vanilla protein powder that you love. The super “clean” granola below was blended right in the smoothie for crunch and is gluten free for less bloating and inflammation (for more of deliciously “clean” products that get you fit, check out my Ultimate Shopping Guide here.) So tomorrow morning, blend up a batch of Blueberry Crisp Smoothie, take a delicious sip and aaaaahhhh…your day just got a lot easier my friend.
Makes 2 servings (approximately 1 and 1/3 cups each)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (you can use vanilla unsweetened too)
- 1 teaspoon pure (not imitation) vanilla extract (optional but delicious)
- 2 servings quality vanilla protein powder
- 1 heaping cup frozen blueberries plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup Kind Blueberry Vanilla Granola (or a high quality preferably gluten free granola) plus extra for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Taste the smoothie. If it’s too sweet (some protein powders are ridiculously sweet), you can add a pinch of sea salt or a heaping tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt to balance the smoothie. If it’s not sweet enough, add a drizzle of pure maple syrup or honey. If you want a thinner texture you can add a touch of water too.
- Garnish with additional granola and a few blueberries. Enjoy immediately so the granola stays crispy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat and is a complete balanced meal.