31 Jan Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats (Yogurt Free!)
One of my goals for ValerieCogswell.com is to create a bunch of fast and easy balanced meals, so you have options when life gets crazy (you know…like every day!) Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats is a deliciously sweet and satisfying breakfast (or dessert) to help kick start your metabolism in the morning. Just whip it up at night and it’s ready to eat the next day. And unlike most overnight oats which have way too much carbs and can cause fat storage, this version has a really good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat. Remember, it’s that right balance that will help you to naturally burn fat, boost your metabolism and keep your energy up. I also skipped the Greek yogurt because as much as I love Greek yogurt (and use it some of my recipes), it can cause bloating and I wanted to create a non-dairy filled option. Instead I’ve balanced the high-carb oats with complete protein from a scoop of your favorite quality vanilla protein powder (you can use non-dairy hemp or a high quality whey) and chia seeds which are naturally full of protein, fiber and calcium. Yum!
Makes 2 servings
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg (or two pinches if you love nutmeg)
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 2 scoops of your favorite vanilla protein powder (high quality whey or hemp)
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 3 heaping tablespoons chia seeds (white or black)
- ½ heaping cup whole grain oats (you can use gluten free if you’d like)
- Pure maple syrup or honey (only if needed)
- Combine almond milk, pure vanilla, nutmeg, sea salt and protein powder in a blender until smooth. Add frozen peaches and blend – you can blend until smooth or leave the peaches a little chunky if you prefer.
- Next stir in (don’t blend!) the chia seeds plus the oats. You can put the lid back on the blender and give it a good shake to really incorporate the chia seeds and oats…just don’t blend!
- Pour mixture into two mason jars or small glasses, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Right before serving, give them a stir and taste the overnight oats. If it’s not sweet enough add just a touch of maple syrup or honey. NOTE: If you’re protein powder is sweet enough, you won’t need to add any maple syrup or honey (the mixture gets sweeter overnight.) Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbs and fat and is a balanced meal. Try it for breakfast, a snack or even dessert!