01 Apr Chia Mango Yogurt
In need of an easy breakfast on a busy morning? Prepare Chia Mango Yogurt at night for a grab and go breakfast the following day! Plain Greek yogurt serves as the base of this dish and has 20 grams of muscle-building protein per cup and lacks the sugar of traditional yogurt. Chia seeds are nutritional powerhouses and known for their versatility and their ability to swell when immersed in liquids to form a tapioca-like consistency. They also add a powerful boost of protein, fiber, calcium, vitamins, minerals and even Omega 3 heart healthy fats. Mango adds fiber and Vitamins A and C to help to boost your immune system and fight off disease. The combination of protein, carbohydrates and fat in this pudding will help naturally boost your metabolism and energy levels. And I’m also excited to let you know that this recipe was featured in the April issue of South Shore Living Magazine! Enjoy this easy and decadent yogurt for breakfast or dessert.
Chia Mango Yogurt
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- 2/3 heaping cup chopped mango (divided)
- 1 heaping tablespoon chia seeds
1. Combine Greek yogurt, almond milk, vanilla, agave nectar, nutmeg and about a half a cup of the mango in a Nutribullet or blender. Stir in the chia seeds (don’t blend) and refrigerate overnight. Right before serving, pour pudding in in a jar or bowl. Stir in a touch more agave nectar if needed and top with remaining chopped mango. Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat to stabilize your blood sugar levels and help jump start your day.