06 Jan Pumpkin Protein Custard
Posted at 01:03h in Desserts, Recipes 0 Comments
Like pumpkin pie? Then you’ll love this decadent and surprisingly lean Pumpkin Protein Custard. I combined pure pumpkin (which is high in fiber, Vitamin A and iron) with creamy mascarpone cheese and fragrant spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Protein Powder adds not only add metabolism-boosting protein, but also thickens and flavors the custard. Whipped cream (or coconut creme) and chocolate cravings are the perfect final touch. This deliciously balanced dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth and help boost your metabolism and feel your best all season long.
Pumpkin Protein Custard
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 dashes nutmeg
- 4 dashes allspice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- ¼ heaping cup mascarpone cheese (an Italian cream cheese found in the dairy aisle at your local market)
- 3 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Real light whipped cream or Coconut Creme
- ½ Power Crunch Dark Choklat Protein Energy Bar, chopped into very small pieces or your favorite all natural dark chocolate bar, chopped or chocolate shavings
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 10 ingredients (canned pumpkin through sea salt).
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt and mascarpone cheese until well combined.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and yogurt mixture to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Serve custard in individual glasses with a big dollop of whipped cream or coconut cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This recipe has an awesome balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat to stabilize your blood sugar levels and help you to boost your metabolism.