16 May Spicy Peanut Coconut Sauce
I’m a huge fan of peanut sauce on chicken, shrimp, vegetables, salad or stir-fry. To me, the most important factor when making peanut sauce is having the right balance of saltiness, sweetness, heat, and peanut flavor with a touch of acidity. This creamy peanut sauce uses all natural peanut butter, garlic, a touch of sriracha sauce, agave nectar, lime, organic tamari and coconut for the perfect blend of flavors. Not a fan of soy sauce? Try Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos instead. I’ve only made this sauce with reduced sodium San-J Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce so let me know if you try it with one of these alternatives- I’d love to know how it turns out!
Spicy Peanut Coconut Sauce
makes about 1 cup
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons San-J Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice (1 tablespoon)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more lime if necessary.
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This sauce is mostly fat and should served with a protein and carbohydrates for a balanced meal.