16 May Fresh Fajita Marinade
Is it weird that I think this is beautiful? Haha! But seriously, it doesn’t get much better than a big piece of beef swimming in my favorite healthy, antioxidant-rich marinade! This marinade works beautifully on chicken, shrimp, pork, and the kind of steak that you cook and slice up for fajitas and burritos like skirt steak, flank steak or flat iron steak. Fresh orange and lime adds tons of citrus flavor and anti-aging antioxidants. Extra virgin olive oil is good for you too; it provides Vitamin E along with heart healthy fat.
Fresh Fajita Marinade
- Juice from one orange
- Juice from one lime
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 grated or finely minced garlic cloves
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all of the ingredients and pour over desired protein. Marinade for at least a few hours and preferably overnight. Right before cooking, season the protein very well with sea salt. Cook as desired.
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This marinade is mostly fat and should be used on your favorite proteins. Serve with a healthy carbohydrate on the side for a balanced meal.