17 May 10 Minute Mediterranean Hummus
You know those times when you get an invite to a party or cookout and your scrambling for a last minute yet amazing dish to bring? This is your go-to recipe. This “recipe” takes only 10 minutes to put together and is meant to impress. All you need is your favorite store-bought, preferably organic (or homemade) hummus and some easy Mediterranean inspired toppings and fresh veggies on the side and you’re good to go! Chickpeas, the base of most hummus recipes, are loaded in fiber and may help to reduce cholesterol. And the fresh colorful toppings add tons of vitamins and minerals. If you’re dairy free, skip the feta or use toasted pine nuts instead. What’s your last minute go-to party recipe? Let me know!
10 Minute Mediterranean Hummus
- your favorite store-bought (or homemade) hummus, preferably organic
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- red onion, diced
- fresh kalamata olives, chopped (you can buy a small amount at the antipasto bar at your local market)
- feta cheese crumbled (or toasted pine nuts if your dairy free…again check out your antipasto bar)
- sun dried tomatoes, chopped (antipasto bar)
- your favorite veggies for dipping like fresh green beans, endive, bell peppers, radish
- Layer the hummus in a serving dish. Arrange the chopped basil, red onion, olives, feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes on top (check out the picture for a cool arrangement). Serve with your favorite veggies.
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This dip is mostly fat and carbs and should be served with a protein for a balanced meal. If you’re bringing this delicious dip to an event, just aim to have some protein options on the side for balance.