22 Jul Spicy Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Ever have a moment when you are just absolutely craving a cold, sweet and fruity smoothie? My favorite Spicy Strawberry Mango Smoothie is the answer to your prayers; it’s naturally sweet, full of antioxidant-rich, lush berries and mango and even has a little kick thanks to a pinch of cayenne pepper (you can skip the cayenne if you’d like.) Plus it takes only minutes to whip up in the blender. I love sipping on this smoothie for breakfast as a high quality, natural source of carbohydrates paired with eggs for protein (read: balanced meal = faster metabolism and more energy!) And surprisingly, I haven’t tried adding vodka to this yet, but I highly encourage that you try and let me know how it is 🙂 Love it? Please share it!
Spicy Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Makes about 3 smaller smoothies or 2 larger smoothies
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut water (find it in the carton at your local market- just make sure it doesn’t have any sugar added)
- 2 heaping cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 mango chopped or 1 1/2 cups of frozen mango
- 2 pinches of cayenne (totally optional but fun!)
- 2 to 3 packets of Stevia, an all natural sweetener (depending on desired sweetness)
- Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!
SO, WHAT’S THE NUTRITION BALANCE?
This fruity smoothie may be all natural and full of vitamins, but it’s still made of all carbohydrates. To prevent a blood sugar spike, enjoy this smoothie with a meal of protein and fat like eggs for example. The protein and fat will help to balance the carbohydrates in the smoothie.